Thursday, October 12, 2006

We passed this often during our stay in the Marais. I thought it was strange to see this old building material just "abandoned" near a much newer structure. Upon investigation we found
Enceinte de Philippe Auguste Restes de la tour Montgomery de la polerne Saint-Paul, constuite du XII siecle. This is all that was left of the ancient structure and I am happy that it was preserved. Paris is full of many marvels from the past. I wish I knew of them all. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Edulabbe said...

I love old structures and buildings. France has an incredible history and you can actually walk around Paris and see a lot of beautiful "souvenirs" from the past.

Greetings from Chile

3:07 PM

 
Blogger JohnnyParsons said...

Haxo,
I am always fascinated by your comments. You truly are a great historian. Thanks for the information. It is welcomed, indeed.

4:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home