Sunday, October 08, 2006

I discovered this in the Marais not far from our apartment. There are supposed to be fifty of these drinking fountains scattered about Paris. They were a gift from a wealthy Englishman who loved the "City of Lights." Somewhere in my huge box of memorabilia from the 2005 trip, I might have more info. The fact is that I collect so much stuff to place in a scrapbook that I find the task overwhelming. It ends up residing in a special plastic tote with the year marked on it.
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol E. said...

This is a drinking fountain? Are the faucet and water spout in the middle, between those 4 pillars?

10:00 AM

 
Blogger Michael Salone said...

Johnny, these are called Wallace Fountains. You can read more here on Eric's blog.

12:13 PM

 
Blogger Ham said...

And some more info from the London side.

2:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home