Friday, October 06, 2006

This visit to Edith's resting place was very important to us. We love her voice. I was a teenager when I discovered the music of this great talent. There I was in a little hick town in Ohio when I just happened to hear her sing on the radio. She gave me goosebumps like no other songstress I had ever heard. That was around 60 years ago. I still play her recordings. We have attended many plays about her life in Winnepeg, Paris, Marseille, Montpellier, and even in Quebec.

We tried to visit her museum (by appointment only) but it was closed in Spring, 2005. In 2007 we are going to try again. Hopefully it will be open at that time.
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol E. said...

Thanks for sharing this photo of Edith Piaf's gravesite! I have one album of hers that was given to me 35 years ago while I was studying French. (35 years??!! No wonder I can barely remember any French!) Zut, alors, j'ai oublie le francais!!

7:14 AM

 
Blogger Ham said...

On the subject, you may enjoy the Jean Laportaire song from Pete Scott (who??) on another blog of mine

8:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home