Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dietrich, La Dietrich What has Marlene Dietrich have to do with Paris? Everything! She loved Paris, died in Paris, was Jean Gabin's lover for years, and she was best friends with Edith Piaf. I just saw "Marlene Dietrich, Her own Song", her biography, that I ordered from NETFLIX. It has footage of Paris of old that I found intriguing. The film was directed by her grandson and her daughter, Maria Riva, narrates segments. Jamie Lee Curtis does most of the narration. (If you live in the States, check out Netflix. I love it. They have a very large selection of films in French many of which are the fabulous French classics).  Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Salone said...

I don't know much about Marlene Dietrich except for the musical I saw in London once, but I don know that Edith Piaf is being re-created in a show here in Paris. I haven't heard the reviews though...

12:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home