Sunday, October 29, 2006

Love Music? Love Singing? Love Opera? Love Dancing? Then this is the DVD for you. The "purists" claim it isn't opera but for me, a real opera fan, this is a terrific work of art starring Garou and Helen Segara. It is powerful and riveting. I wish it would be revived and tour the United States. I play the CD over and over, too. The English version loses something in translation, so I prefer the French version. I think Victor Hugo would approve of this version of his classic. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Salone said...

I agree, although it's very unpopular to say so here in France. The big spectacles are not appreciated very much for their lack of cultural value (haxo can correct me if necessary). But I discovered a lot of new singers this way, as did the world.

Another favourite of mine who appeared in the stage show is Patrick Fiori. A Corsican, he has been quite successful since his appearance in the show.

Johnny, did you see the show when you were in France?

6:25 AM

 
Blogger Eric said...

Johnny, I see you are having the same problems I was having of the comments counter not reflecting accurately. I read that if you close your blog then reopen them, it helps. Seems to have straightened me out at least.

9:47 PM

 
Blogger JohnnyParsons said...

Michael,
Right you are. I bought a CD of Patrick Fiori. We like his voice.

Eric,
Thanks for the tip.

3:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home